Ordered a Friend some Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bundle all of the not needed cables and tie them together, then fix them to a hole around on the HDD bay or sumthin, that will do alot of good.

As to the OP that build is not to bad, at least there were no really bad choices, but next time its good to check in with us first. You probably could have gotten a nice phenom II 940 cpu and board but it wouldn't really be that much better anyway.

well, I used to be the one making suggestions to people 'back in the day', when you had your conroes and kentsfields, and the abysmally underperforming phenom 1 stuff, and the NVIDIA 8-series / ATI 2xxx/3xxx series days, but I cut myself off from the loop of things, so I haven't read much in terms of articles or benchmarks, or kept myself aware of what's out now.

So I guess AMD's lineup of chips is now 'give-or-take' comparable dollar for dollar with Intel? Good to hear. It used to be that 90% of the recommendations would go to Intel for most builds.

Anywhoo, my friend isn't much of a noob, but he did say he was leaning more towards Intel anyway.

Yeah, I checked up on some reviews for the Phenom II's... impressive! My understanding is that they were released as a counter to i7 though, but price-wise, makes good competition with the later C2 stuff. You're right, an AM2 board and and a PhII 940 would've been a good choice. Boards are cheap and the chip is cheaper too.

It's not a really big deal though, benchmarks show a trade-off in performance (from the bit I've done of skimming) and the Q9550 is clocked at a slightly slower frequency. Plus, getting the Q9550 gave us free shipping on the entire order. The 940 was only $10 cheaper, so it turns out overall to be cheaper anyway :p

yeah. I like it because of the price matching system and because of that free shipping deal. If you're buying from Canada, I guess it's probably the best place to buy from.

Where do you buy from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom