Order has been placed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireeater

Solid State Member
Well after 2 weeks of painful review reading and asking questions, I ordered it.

I want to thank the people who helped answer my questions and great advice.

Final spec of the system I ordered are:

EPOX EP-9NPA3ULTRA NF4U
AMD OPTERON 165
MEM 1Gx2|GSKL F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS
VGA EVGA GF 7800GT 256-P2-N516
HD 160G|ST 7K 8M SATA2 ST3160812AS
CPU THERM PAS|ARCTIC Ceramique

Total with shipping = $984.65

I will be reusing my 430W Truepower Antec (20pin) and SOHO II case. I should be able to run this board without a 24pin connector right?

Now it's going to be killer waiting for this to come! Hopefully it will come Monday on my day off.

I am assuming I should see QUITE a big difference in performance compared to my current setup.

AMD XP 2500+
NF7-S 2
768 PC 3200 XMS
9800Pro
2x 20gig PATA 5200rpm Maxtor drives

Again, thanks for the help!

Yeah, on your new comp you'll actually be able to run TWO Inyernet explorers! jk, but you will see a HUGE difference in graphics, load times, and general performance in games like FEAR or Battlefield 2

Well, I have been told, and have read that you can still run the motherboard with a 20pin connector. But if it not I can just pick one up from a local Computer Shop. I didn't feel like paying 6 dollars to ship a 4 inch wire.

I think the Epox is a better buy for what you get and it's a nice overclocker. I don't plan on pushing it to hard because one, the ram might be limited, plus I plan on using stock cooler. So I think the board should serve me well. I will try for 2.5, 2.6 at the most.

You expect to get .8 ghz on air cooling on a mobo not known for overclocking? That's a little ambitious, but with Opterons, anythings possible..... Well good luck to you.

From what I know, the 9NPAULTRA is a reversion of the 9NPA+ULTRA. The layout is a little different and fewer USB/(no)firewire ports and that is about it. So I don't see why it should OC any differently from the 9NPA+ULTRA which is a good OC'er.

I don't expect to get it, but It wil be nice if I could. I was just saying, 2.5, 2.6 is the most I am looking to do, if I even push it that hard.

hopefully i can get 2.6 .... twisted got a 2.8 with his abit kn8 mobo and a 3700+, so i'm hoping i can at least get 2.6 with an opteron 146 and abit kn8 sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom