Are Optys good for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmatt

The Bulldog
I am working on my newest build and i was thinking of going with the Opty 165. I have heard some good things about it and know alot of the OCers around here have them. But i was wondering, are they any good at gaming? My rig will have a 7900GT and i dont want my cpu to hold me back.

I would assume it's good for gaming, because why would alot of people get it just to overclock it?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

There is no reason to buy/build an AMD system right now unless you're just another AMD fanboy who wants to pay more for slower performance.

im going amd for a few reasons. first i dont have the money in my budget for new ram so i have to go s939. second conroes dont go for $155 and my cpu budget is $160. i am using the 1.5gbs of ddr from my previous build until i can afford more memory.

zmatt said:
im going amd for a few reasons. first i dont have the money in my budget for new ram so i have to go s939. second conroes dont go for $155 and my cpu budget is $160. i am using the 1.5gbs of ddr from my previous build until i can afford more memory.

Too bad you dont live around a Fry's electronics.

I've seen a E6300 with mobo combo for $169. It was an ECS mobo, but so what.

With that budget why consider upgrading, what are you upgrading from?

You can get an AMD 64 4000+ for like under 89 bucks now.

^LOL^

zmatt said:

hey general, i guess there IS a reason to go amd..wow
actually, i think this counts as two..:p

from what i have read, and i've read a lot, the 165 is a fantastic overclocker.
good luck!

p.s. what your rig does at 115 fps...mine does at 95...and it looks, um...the same

LOL...Good one nagasama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom