Opteron Or X2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndofSanity

In Runtime
Hi, just upgrading my PC here hehe and i was wondering which one was better... I know that the opteron can OC better but im not sure im gona OC a whole bunch. Although everything else im buying OC's well... So i guess i woud like to be able to be suited for OC. i duno :p

Just looking for opinions

Your sig shows you as already having an X2 4800. Do you actually own that or is that just what you plan on getting?

Get yourself an Opteron and OC it. The X2s are made from Opterons and are actually more reliable. Just take it from people who actually know hardware, they will all tell you you get more for your money with an opteron.

Well, if he already has the X2 4800, that's an expensive and good CPU that shouldn't need upgrading for a long time, unless he's just filthy rich. Not worth going from that to an Opteron, depending on if he actually has it (refer to my above post).

NathanM said:
Well, if he already has the X2 4800, that's an expensive and good CPU that shouldn't need upgrading for a long time, unless he's just filthy rich. Not worth going from that to an Opteron, depending on if he actually has it (refer to my above post).

I dont think he has it, i think thats what he's planning on getting. I would suggest an opty over it and just OC it. You save tons of money.

yea but the thing is if u get the opteron, nd ovisouly ur gona overclock it right? so im assuming u do, and in order to OC a processor u gota have a nice OCable mobo and RAM, that makes ur cost more. a lot more. well thas wut i kno about OCing..

123Justin said:
yea but the thing is if u get the opteron, nd ovisouly ur gona overclock it right? so im assuming u do, and in order to OC a processor u gota have a nice OCable mobo and RAM, that makes ur cost more. a lot more. well thas wut i kno about OCing..

So add a hundred fifty dollars or so and your $300 CPU outperforms one that would cost $1000 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom