Opinions on this rig plz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman

Solid State Member
Been lurking for a while soaking up some great info from all of you guys towards my first build and came across this packaged rig that has pretty well all of the toys that I am looking for. What do you think as is? And I don't know if you can customize it or not, but if you could what would you change while staying close to that 1899CDN price (which is my budget without a monitor)?
The system is from ICCT in the Toronto area, Southern Ontario.

http://www.icct.ca/newsite/bestpackage.htm

Antec P-180 ATX Case
AMD Athlon 64XT4200 Dual CPU
ASUS 8LN-SLI Deluxe Mobo
GeForce7800GT 256M (doesn't say which make) V.C.
Kingston 1GB Dual PC3200 RAM
Maxtor 200GB SATA 16M H.D.D.
LG 16X DVD+/RW
Enermax 535W P.S.
1899CDN and for 80 more I can go to the 4400 CPU.

For anyone who has any buying experience with this place plz let me know what you thought.

Thnx all!

I'd build your own, but that's just me. You don't know what they're gonna throw at you in a package like that. Just my opinion. You're on the right track for something, that's for sure!

Ryan

Yeah, that's the downside. If I price out the parts individually from them it is pretty well break even. I want the build experience too, ya' know?

To be honest Panzer, I was kinda zeroing in on your 3700 San Diego with the DFI board and a 6800GTX or 7800GTX but a few posts dealing with putting $$ into CPU vs. video got me thinking to look at more CPU speed. The setup I posted fits both bills but is a little richer than I was originally looking at. Any thoughts?

Yes, my 3700 performs like a beast, oc'd its a monster. I dont know what your doing with it, im going to assume gaming. I mean, thats a really good system you got going, minus the asus mobo(DFI is better) But, if your going to be just gaming, then get a lower dual core, or get a 3700 and oc. Which is insanely easy with a DFI board.

The Graphics, are the same thing, if you have the money go for it. You can get a 6800GT and oc... or keep the 7800 get a lower cpu, or get a lower cpu, and dfi mobo....

Its up to you, depends on how involved your going to be with games....

That's pretty significant General. What would your sources be?
And BTW Panzer, I'd be looking to do some moderate gaming with occasionally running AutoCAD and the rest of the usual media stuff. I don't do much gaming right now, but that is simply because my sys is a bottomfeeder. So if I build I want to have enough horsies that I can get into gaming as much or as little as I want, but it's always gonna be my main multitasking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom