Opinions on new Rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffmeister

Solid State Member
Hey guys im new to the forum.

After having an extremely old unit (P4 3.0ghz, 6800 Ultra AGP, 3GB DDR) it finally gave out on me. It is either a bad CPU, GPU or Mobo.... and decided not to mess with it.

I ordered some new parts and within a week or so I should have my baby set up.

Right now im tight on cash so I ordered something that would be good now and easy to upgrade later!

AMD Athalon X2 5800+ 3.0GHZ
ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB GDDR5
4GB DDR2 800
AMD 790FX Motherboard
750w PSU

I plan to later upgrade to the AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition or the new 45nm Deneb, and add another 4870 and Crossfire it. That should be a nice platform rig I say. What do you all think?

Comments appreciated, criticize away if needed.

u would have gotten alot more out of ur money if u would have gotten a intel build

you really should have got a phenom and maybe downgraded to a 4850 if you couldnt afford both x4/4870. also a 790gx mobob would have been a nice addition.

edit: i saw the option for upgrade to phenom, im guessing you already had that x2?

not a bad build at all, i'm sure you'll enjoy it....

but i myself would have gone with intel.. but don't get me wrong, but will perform wonderfully

Hey guys im new to the forum.
AMD Athalon X2 5800+ 3.0GHZ
ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB GDDR5
4GB DDR2 800
AMD 790FX Motherboard
750w PSU

Should be able to handle your gaming needs no problem. Over clock your CPU to about 3.5ghz if you are able to. Since its 89 watts I m guessing it should help in over clocking a bit.

Intel would have been better, but your pc still kicks ***. Enjoy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom