Open Box motherboard experience....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UA_Iron

Daemon Poster
Kind of a hardware topic - hope its not in the wrong forum.

I have purchased a couple biostar motherboards open box cause their micro-atx Tforce AMD mobo's are awesome for general builds in my opinion.

The thing that always bugged me was the lack of the I/O shield that comes with the mobos. What does newegg do with these? Seriously, you cant return mobos without all the necessary components - does newegg just toss everything besides the mobo and driver CD?

So yesterday I emailed biostar where I could get an I/O shield - that very same day they emailed me back. Today they are shipping out 3 I/O shields free of charge :)

Just thought I'd share my experience with open box mobos. Try to hit up the manufacturer for missing parts - they might respond in the same way biostar did.

Cliff notes: Open box mobo, no I/O Shield, emailed biostar, they sending me 3.

That's the bad part about open box. If Newegg receives it back with missing parts... they don't really care. For the most part it'll get sold anyway... I've bought open box and had it happen to me as well... I even got a bad board once... they accepted it back, but it's still a pain in the @55

That metal rectangle you install on the case that all the motherboard sockets fit through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom