Only 400 Points increase from stock speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benchmarks aren't everything. It's mostly just for bragging, but it doesn't do much in the real world. Overclock as far as you can, until you've reached it's maximum stable speed.

/agree
Besides, 3d benchmarks are based primarily on the GPU, some GPU's are CPU reliant, yours may just be boss by itself.

Hm... for some reason my computer is not pausing anymore when i turn it on. It just turns on like it did when i didnt overclock.

Maybe the voltage set when I clocked it to 2.7 Ghz was too high and right now at 3.0Ghz is perfect.

I ran Orthos for about 40minutes and CPU Temp went to 48C and thats only 40 minutes, just imagine 8 hours, CPU Temp would probably go way up to 60C untill it fries my CPU.

Well, how is overclocking usefull? Hehe. probably not as much on gaming but applications and stuff? I rarely use my computer for gaming anymore anyway *shrugs*.

Ill run it at 3.0GHz for now and not do another overclock untill a month from now. That way, my CPU will get used to the speed and such hehe. Ill do another overclock when I move to my dorm. Ill see how this comp runs first at 3.0GHz. Then next overclock ill try to reach 3.2GHz.

Bleh, once I'm able to get my P35-DS3R, Tuniq Tower 120, and my Ballistix, I'm going to start overclocking it past 3.0GHz+. Right now, I'm barely running my E6600 at 2.6GHz. Motherboard supposedly can't support any processors pass 266GHz and it'll underclock which will affect my computer's performance. How wack is that?

Ah, which explains why urs is running at 2.6.

What about your um....... Graphics Card it says 630/770 what does that mean? How do you overclock your GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom