Which one to choose

Not a lot of applications really need 8GB of ram. You can always get more ram later, but get the benefits of the SSD now.
Actually these days having 8GB is rather mandatory, especially if you want to move to SSD (no pagefile). Most people aren't like me where keeping RAM clear is concerned, so if the OS is taking 1GB or more you have less than 3GB for both your background programs and the main program at hand.

To the OP, that all depends on what you really want. You won't ever think you "need" an SSD until you experience one. The real experience is having an SSD then moving back to a HDD. You realize just how ridiculously fast an SSD really is.
That being said to the OP, don't buy the Kingston. The Samsung EVO is a much better drive.

Samsung 840 EVO 120G Basic SSD SATA 3, 7mm UltraSlim with Migration Software & AES Encryption PC/MAC - MZ-7TE120BW - Scan.co.uk

Actually these days having 8GB is rather mandatory, especially if you want to move to SSD (no pagefile). Most people aren't like me where keeping RAM clear is concerned, so if the OS is taking 1GB or more you have less than 3GB for both your background programs and the main program at hand.

To the OP, that all depends on what you really want. You won't ever think you "need" an SSD until you experience one. The real experience is having an SSD then moving back to a HDD. You realize just how ridiculously fast an SSD really is.
That being said to the OP, don't buy the Kingston. The Samsung EVO is a much better drive.

Samsung 840 EVO 120G Basic SSD SATA 3, 7mm UltraSlim with Migration Software & AES Encryption PC/MAC - MZ-7TE120BW - Scan.co.uk

Been seeing that other people recommend this SSD, but what's the difference between evo and v300?

Samsung make some of the best SSDs on the market with extremely high reliability and even though their EVO line is their "budget" "affordable" line they are some of the fastest too. The EVO line is also designed for longevity.

That Kingston drive use a Sandforce controller which I do not trust.

Back
Top Bottom