OMG, I need your help... thermal paste/Stock COOLER problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I'm using the e6750's stock cooler.... and it already had the paste on it.... so I put the cooler on and I had to remove the cooler... I put the cooler back on just now but the paste was already on the CPU..... is this going to create problems.... crap... do I have to buy thermal paste and do it again?

Basic scenario: I installed stock cooler, uninstalled it, the original paste from the cooler was on CPU, but I installed the cooler again... is this going to create air bubbles between the cooler/CPU and create problems in the future?

Should I buy thermal paste and do it again? OR AM I OKAY?

It's recommended, that every time you remove your heatsink, you should reapply thermal paste.

It's recommended, that every time you remove your heatsink, you should reapply thermal paste.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you recommend some kind of thermal paste?

This is bs... do I have to remove my mobo from the case to install the cooler?

I bought mine at radioshack for 9.99. It will cost the same or more to buy it online and wait 3 days for it to arrive.

I bought mine at radioshack for 9.99. It will cost the same or more to buy it online and wait 3 days for it to arrive.

Just went out and bought it at the nearest radioshack for $10... lol thanks.

How do you use this thing? There is no hole... how did you make a hole in this artic silver 5?

Just cut off the tip.

Actually, when they say "it is recommended that thermal paste be reapplied after cooler has been dismounted" or w/e.... I think they mean if the computer has been used with the thermal paste. Don't you think??

I haven't even turned it on yet.... just took the cooler on and off.. then back on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom