omg i did not just mess up my new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisX

Baseband Member
while trying to get my raid working i loaded one of the saved C-MOS files.... one that i hadnt saved anything to. I cant get an image on my monitor which makes me think that there was no setting for the video out, i did save the settings i had to one of the sets and tried to blind navigate and load it but i dont think my keyboard is working either.

PLEASE tell this completelty stupid person (me) that there is a way to completely reset the BIOS. thank you thank you.

To reset your cmos settings, open up your case and find the little round battery and take it out and leave it out for a few minutes and put it back in. Turn it on and see what happens. Also if you have the manual for your motherboard, it should tell you where the jumper is that can be used to reset your cmos. When you find that jumper, move it to the other position and return it back to the original position after a few seconds. That should get it running.

yes youre right there are clear cmos jumpers, ill try it, didnt want to risk doing anything else risky without being sure.

yes that did the trick thx alot man, i suppose if i hadnt panicked i would have remembered that lol. But of course, thank you much.

similar thing happened to me recently. Makes you forget all about 'what you know' and just panic, happens to us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom