OMG!! Building your own PC is rocket science. Professional help needed please.

Karyuudan

Beta member
Sup guys , so I've decided to build my own game pc, and I thought: " Can't be that hard right ? " Daaammmnn i was wrong.

So i know there are the components. Right ?

• Computer Case
• Motherboard
• Processor
• RAM
• Power Supply
• Hard Drive
• Video Card

So for processor I thought a i54460 3.2GHz (3.4GHz Max Turbo).
RAM i was thinking about Kingston HyperX 8GB 1866MHz DDR3. (2x4GB)
For the HD i thought a cheap Seagate SATA III Barracuda 7200 1TB would do the trick

BUT THEN, the problem starts , I was checking the VGAS and Motherboards and OH MY GOD.

I mean like wtf , I was going for a NVdia GTX 760 , but there are literally dozens of models. I have no idea which one to pick
And i need help on picking a MB where i can get the max from the other components.
What you guys think ?

There is like GTX 760 2GB PNY , GTX 760 EVGA SUPERCLOCKED 2GB DDR5 , ZOTAC GTX 760

Not to mention there is like 10 version of the EVGA one ><"

And how about the Motherboard i was thinking about an ASUS B85M-E micro atx.

So what you guys think about the Processor , RAM and HD ?
How about the VGA and MB ?
Any recommendation about the power supply or just stick with the case custom one?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the mess =)

It all depends on your budget. Building a PC isn't hard, it's having the knowledge of knowing the parts to get the best out of your money. That's what guys like me are here for.

The 4460 is a good chip, and the Asus B85 would be fine, or an Asus H81.

If you can get 8GB of 1600 cheaper, do so. 1866 vs 1600 isn't a gain in performance compared to the price in some areas.

1TB Seagate would be fine but if you have the budget I recommend an SSD too. A 120GB Samsung EVO or Crucial MX550 would complement the 1TB well.

For GPU, it's just a bunch of hooplah to try and confuse you with marketing and buzz words. Get the cheapest eVGA 760 you can find that isn't a refurb. If you have the cash to spend I recommend the GTX 970 well over the 760. Even if that means dropping your CPU to an i5 4440. In US pricing it's only about 100 USD difference, but could be different in Brazil. I'm sure it is.

For the PSU, look for something like the Seasonic 620w S1211 or M1211, or something like a Corsair 650w. Don't need a whole lot of wattage, but a quality unit is key here.

Just make sure you get a decent case to house everything with good airflow. Don't need a full tower or anything like that.

It all depends on your budget. Building a PC isn't hard, it's having the knowledge of knowing the parts to get the best out of your money. That's what guys like me are here for.

The 4460 is a good chip, and the Asus B85 would be fine, or an Asus H81.

If you can get 8GB of 1600 cheaper, do so. 1866 vs 1600 isn't a gain in performance compared to the price in some areas.

1TB Seagate would be fine but if you have the budget I recommend an SSD too. A 120GB Samsung EVO or Crucial MX550 would complement the 1TB well.

For GPU, it's just a bunch of hooplah to try and confuse you with marketing and buzz words. Get the cheapest eVGA 760 you can find that isn't a refurb. If you have the cash to spend I recommend the GTX 970 well over the 760. Even if that means dropping your CPU to an i5 4440. In US pricing it's only about 100 USD difference, but could be different in Brazil. I'm sure it is.

For the PSU, look for something like the Seasonic 620w S1211 or M1211, or something like a Corsair 650w. Don't need a whole lot of wattage, but a quality unit is key here.

Just make sure you get a decent case to house everything with good airflow. Don't need a full tower or anything like that.

Oh man , you're godlike!
Thanks mate , will do;)
Yep here in Brazil the taxes are really high , i was thinking about getting the more expensive parts like VGA and processor from Ebay or Amazon , a bummer have to wait for 2 months but at least i pay a good price for it.

Back
Top Bottom