Solid State Member
I just built a new computer;

i7 930 2.8ghz
Asus Rampage 3 Extreme
Two 1TB Western Digital HDD's
6GB RAM
Antec 902

BUT..... The GPU....
I tried salvaging an old Radeon X1300 from an old dell, but I am not sure if a PCI Graphics Card is compatible with my new setup. Any advice/suggestions/ideas?

He just needs it to boot for now, correct?

That's an interest problem because you can't test anything in that pci slot without it so it very well could be the slot but I'm not sure. do you have a computer to borrow a card from or a friend to lend you one so you can make sure the slot works.

That's an interest problem because you can't test anything in that pci slot without it so it very well could be the slot but I'm not sure. do you have a computer to borrow a card from or a friend to lend you one so you can make sure the slot works.

So should i go spring $50 for a cheapo best buy PCI-e graphics card so i can get it to boot up?

BTW, the cards fan spins while it is plugged into the PCI slot, and that is its only power source, so i am guessing that it works. Any ways to test it more accurately? Or do I quit now?

Also, I only have an IDE DVD Drive or a borrowed USB DVD Drive to install the CD the MoBo came with. Will this work or should I add a DVD Drive to my list?

So should i go spring $50 for a cheapo best buy PCI-e graphics card so i can get it to boot up?

BTW, the cards fan spins while it is plugged into the PCI slot, and that is its only power source, so i am guessing that it works. Any ways to test it more accurately? Or do I quit now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom