Old System, new case and pretty new things

Splisendyson

Solid State Member
UPS decided to play kickball with my case a while back and I finally got around to buying a new one, and some other pretty little things.

The system:

Case: Antec 900
Mobo: ASUS M5A7BL-MLX PLUS
VGA: Radeon HD 6850
HDD: 3 x 7200 RPM SATA drives
Some fancy 3 antenna wireless card that I haven't taken out of the box yet.
NZXT HUE controller with a light bar string I'm gunna wrap around the window.

Ok, so here's the thing. My fans are:
Case: 2 x 120mm in front, 1 x 120mm inside (by HDDs), 1 x 120mm on side, 1 x 120mm on back, 1 x 200mm on top
PSU: 120mm (I guess, this one really isn't relevant)
CPU: some little AMD fan
VGA: some little AMD fan

So I can hook up 5 fans to my fan controller.
I'm thinking CPU, VGA, throw a temperature sensor down on the HDD with the interior middle fan, then I definitely want to have direct control of that big oompa loompa fan on top, so that makes 4.

Is there a way to set more than 1 fan on the same voltage controller? I'd really like to have my 2 front case fans work in unison with the HDD fan, it's totally overkill but it would be cool if I could do that.

And what could I toss a temperature sensor on and choose as the 5th fan? I'm at a loss on this one.

let me know :)

Your GPU fan should be controlled by your card, which in turn you can control through GPU tuning software to setup fan profiles. It should be automatic anyway, ramping up itself when the temp gets higher...but if you want to control it yourself you should be able to just do so through software.

Your GPU fan should be controlled by your card, which in turn you can control through GPU tuning software to setup fan profiles. It should be automatic anyway, ramping up itself when the temp gets higher...but if you want to control it yourself you should be able to just do so through software.

true, I COULD do that; however, that wouldn't put the temps and speeds in shiny LED lights on the front of my fancy new fan controller.

Also I was thinking I could put the TAC's on multiple hard drives. I want to have a nice filled out display on this baby.

btw, you think my Corsair 500W will run all this crap? I'm thinking I MIGHT need an upgrade there with all this fancy fan tech.

You won't be using a fan controller for your GPU unless you put an aftermarket heatsink and fan on it. Depending on the model your 6850 will be using a 2pin fan connected with a short cable to the PCB which is directly controller by the cards bios.

Same goes for the CPU. You'll either need an aftermarket heatsink/fan that can connect to a fan controller or an extension for the stock fan.

That being said, I'm not real sure what controller you're speaking of so I can't really comment further. The NZXT HUE is an LED controller meant to control the light bars, not a fan controller.

I have a separate nzxt fan controller, 5 fans, it's on newegg. My gpu fan has 4 pins, my cpu fan has a 3 pin and a 4 pin

Use the fan controller for all those case fans. The motherboards bios is set to control the cpu fan, or if you want, you might be able to make some settings in the bios for the cpu fan. If your fan controller has sensors, then you can use those to show the temps on the fan controller

Back
Top Bottom