Old Power supply Guide (2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Updated Power supply guide

just so you know, if you care or not i don't, just letting you know, you ahve the corsair 520hx twice in the honorable mention section, now i know its a great psu and you might have meant to do that, but you might wanna take it out of one.

*its in your picks, not bang for the buck.

and yes good choice for psu :D i love mine. i was going to sell my system, but i realized i would have to part with my psu and i couldn't bear to do it.

u should have the silver stone strider 600w in the bang for your buck section 600w modular quad 12v rails. all can be had for cheaper then a 520hx, i own this psu and its a monster.

Im not a big fan of multi railed power supplies. Especially a 600 watt with four 12V rails.

Still a good power supply, but I would always reccomend a single 12V silverstone over one of thier quad railed ones.

honestly 1 rail ftw :D

thats why you don't add the rail amperage (because of loss of efficiency)

got a linky?

if its that cheap, why not for my rig :D

Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE SST-ST60F ATX 12V 2.01 & EPS 12V 600W Power Supply 115 - 240V - Retail pricey on new egg.
Buy Cheap silverstone 600w - Price Comparison - Canada
some reason very expensive in the us
NCIXUS.com - Buy Silverstone Strider ST60F 600W ATX12V 24PIN Modular Power Supply W/120MM Fan Active PFC - SST-ST60F.
can be had for as litle as 104$ in canada. its about the same price as a corsair 520hx and has 4 12v rails and has a 80 amp maximum across four rails. ontop of a 5v rail and a 3.3v rail. and a 72 amp minimum across the four rails, im readign this out of my instruction manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom