Old Power supply Guide (2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Updated Power supply guide

how many amps on the 12v rail is good? Is 18A on the 12v rail good?

how many amps on the 12v rail is good? Is 18A on the 12v rail good?

Depends on the components of the system. You can usually get a good idea from the requirements for the video card you choose. They give you a number for the whole system. Not the card alone.

And it is always better to have more than the minimum.

The more fans, optical drives, harddrives, UV Lights and accessories you have, the more amps you need.

really came in handy for my 5 builds since i've been here at tech forums, thx Ste, omfg i just realized that this PSU (THE STUPID NORTHWOOD P4) has a CodeGen PSU... not good, but its been running for like 6 years now so its all good....

omfg i just realized that this PSU (THE STUPID NORTHWOOD P4) has a CodeGen PSU... not good, but its been running for like 6 years now so its all good....

Any power supply can be good to you for many years, its just the ones that are branded "avoid" are more LIKELY to give you problems than the reccomended ones.

i realized that but that explains some of the issues my System has had b4, like not posting... etc etc etc

if your talking about my sig, its not that. im getting a rosewill psu (everyone says they suck but i know someone with it and they say there isnt any problems) and it is 550 watt and 35a dual 12v rail. 50 bucks. mine is really 400, but they want more people to buy it. i think it only has like 20 or 18, it sucks.

here it is

Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550-2 ATX 2.01 550W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL - Retail

compared to mine now (pos)

Newegg.com - LOGISYS Computer PS550ABK ATX12V 550Watts Power Supply With SATA and 20/24 Pin connectors. 100 - 240 V - Retail

Rosewills aren't that bad actually.
If you look on the guide they are for the cheaper end though..

You shouldn't and I qoute shouldn't have a problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom