Old Power supply Guide (2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *READ FIRST* Updated Power supply guide

No one knows what the kid is saying. lol.

+1
if i remember right didnt this guy get banned like 6 months ago or something

from looking at some of his recent post, he suggest some of the stupidest ideas to poeple...

+1
If I Remember Right Didnt This Guy Get Banned Like 6 Months Ago Or Something

From Looking At Some Of His Recent Post, He Suggest Some Of The Stupidest Ideas To Poeple...

+ 1...

Considering Intel chips are champs at overclocking through the FSB. Then you don't really need an unlocked multi to overclock.

What do you mean?

Are you asking what the difference between the two is? I think the multiplier being a tiny bit higher on the 940 is the only thing.

Do you mean what do they clock to? Nobody can really answer that since every chip will be different but a 940 is probably slightly easier to get higher because of the multiplier. You could do a google search to find a rough guess on what they've been hitting.

Then can someone finally tell me where do the i7 920 & i7 940 stop at, so I can choose between the two? I'm getting them for $180, and $300

Either way you wont get either to their max because you obviously have no idea what your talking about and no idea how to overclock. I personally would be surprised if you knew how to set up the boot order in your bios.

Either way you wont get either to their max because you obviously have no idea what your talking about and no idea how to overclock. I personally would be surprised if you knew how to set up the boot order in your bios.

Its not that we are trying to gang up on you John, and in no way is it because you know less than another member, but what personally bothers me is your high post count which another (even) lesser educated member who may come here looking for help may actually listen to you as you try to perceive yourself as someone who IS knowledgeable.

Then can someone finally tell me where do the i7 920 & i7 940 stop at, so I can choose between the two? I'm getting them for $180, and $300

the only difference is the fact that the 940 has a core multi of 22 while the 920 only has 20... but as for clockability, the 940 has been taken to levels almost as high as the 965, but that was by someone with alot of experience and a great cascade... with your setup, the 920 will be a much better option, because Core i7s are very complex to OC beyond a certain point and the money you save can be spent somewhere which will imporve your performance far more than a CPU upgrade (eg sweet RAM or a GPU upgrade)

other than that, please please dont attempt to educate others on topics you know little about yourself (not to say dont try to help, but try to build a keen knowledge about what the person is asking about before answering)... it will make everyone else's life alot easier, and will make you a more valuable member of this community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom