Old Power supply Guide (2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunatly Its past the edit time allowed so any edits will have to be made by mods. So Eth Dragon or Apock can make any spelling changes or additions they want. Or they can let me edit it again and Ill do it. w/e

I edited it like 8 times fixing mistakes or mis spellings. But I eventually had to sleep. ;)

I don't agree with some of it either:
For example, reccomendations of ANY Coolmax or sunbeam power supplies.

However, I did not compile it out of my knowledge alone. Remember it was a culmination of many sources not just one.

It is my hope that it combined information from x amount of sources, to be as well rounded and inclusive as possible.

And Since I didn't agree with some of it I added that little 'The Simple version" Part.

Re: Updated Power supply guide

Q: WHat qualifies as a High-Wattage Cooler Master?

Good thing I read this... time to remove that Apevia from my build list.

Any good recommendations for a Mid-High PSU for Single 8800GTX and Overclocking on a budget?

I have a new favorite low-medium end PSU. It used to be the FSP 450w but after reading a review on this and how the rails for a PSU are very stable for the money...as well as they have an average life of the 4502 FSP.

I've been recommending this one highly lately and I WISH I would have bought one of these instead of my Rosewill...but I didn't even know this one existed.

I recommend it highly for the price..

Newegg.com - XClio 450BL ATX 450W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB - Retail

I have a new favorite low-medium end PSU. It used to be the FSP 450w but after reading a review on this and how the rails for a PSU are very stable for the money...as well as they have an average life of the 4502 FSP.

I've been recommending this one highly lately and I WISH I would have bought one of these instead of my Rosewill...but I didn't even know this one existed.

I recommend it highly for the price..

Newegg.com - XClio 450BL ATX 450W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB - Retail

Not to mention it has a cool name Xclio..... i read the review Sora is speaking of, most ppl do compare it to Fortrons

stinks u have to cover it up in a case, seems like a shame

The Xclio 450BL was just also recommended as a low-medium end PSU on my favorite overclockers forum.

Apok if you could add the Xclio 450w model to low-medium that would be awesome....you don't have to but the Xclio Goodpower 500w is a good medium-high as well being about as stable the BL but with more amps and watts.

Still the 450BL is an awesome deal and I believe should go in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom