Old Power supply Guide (2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *READ FIRST* Updated Power supply guide

I think it's a great guide to go by so you don't end up buying some pretty chromed out PSU with blue lights just because it looks super cool and says 1000w.. Ones like that generally are about looks not stability.. Anyways, kudos to you Ste for putting a great guideline to follow when looking to buy a new psu.

Newegg.ca - Rosewill RX630-S-B 630W 80 PLUS Certified , ATX12V v2.2 & EPS12V v2.91, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Is this Power Supply any good? I m trying to find a decent Power supply for around $100~$120.

Newegg.ca - Antec BP550 Plus 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Is this Power Supply any better then the Rosewill?

Newegg.ca - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Seems I might go with the Corsair instead. Since everyone loves corsair, so I'll take my chances with it.

I have the BP550 and recommend it highly

Its SLI Ready, and it comes with two PCI-e Connectors.. but I think it might be close to pushing it even with the plenty of amps it has

4830 Crossfire @ load consume about 270 watts. So would adding a 125 Watt CPU be pushing it?

I think it'd be fine.. but you should take it from somebody like Ste to triple check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom