Old laptop please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jskd82

Solid State Member
I am not sure what is causing me to lag so badly in world of warcraft so I'll give you some specs. First off, I am playing on an old laptop, the specs are....Intel Pentium M processor 1.60GHZ, 1.25GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon X300 video card. So yes it is a crappy system, but it seems to run WoW smooth on low settings. Now the other thing is that I have my cell phone tethered to my laptop for the internet connection. I did a speed test and it ranged from 0.70 download and 0.20 upload to 2.4 0 download and 0.50 upload. I would think that those speeds would be enough to run WoW without lag, but for some reason I get huge lag while in game, even when in areas with minimal traffic/textures. The lag that I am experiencing is not being able to cast spells or anything. The game isn't jumpy at all and runs smooth. Could it be possible that my laptop's old hardware is causing a bandwidth type of lag? Sorry for the long post TIA. I should also add then when browsing the internet or downloading files they download fast like DSL speed.

Your being held back by your tether, you'll need a faster internet connection. My brother has a similar laptop and can run WoW at 40fps on mid-low settings.

I agree with the above, even though it shows those download speeds you are probably being "lagged" by the latency (the quality of your connection with the server).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom