Old Intel 3.6 vs. AMD Athlon 64 4000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
Ok. I still thinking which CPu to get. Well probobly will get AMD. but will AMD Athlon 64 4000+ will beat my old CPU Intel 3.6ghz (which I have now)?

And if get AMD.. should I go and get AMD 64 X2 4400 for ~500 or this AMD "Athlon 64 4000+" will do just fine for now?

So you think X2 is better?
I am gaming and do some 3d and webdesign from time to time so what is the choise for me?

no man a p4 3.6 is good stay with that. invest on a better graphic card instead. You wont see a big perfomance going from tha p4 3.6 to amd 4000. video games is all in the graphic cards.

*cough* bull-**** *cough* *cough*

In case you havent looked at the latest becnhmarks different cpus form i think it was a 3.8 p-4 to an fx-57 there was a 40-60 fps increase...

so yeah id go for a 3800 x2 dual core amd and a 7800gt
that would be a very nice combo

alot fo the overclockers are gonna say get an oppteron but i dont know anything about those...

efd753 said:
no man a p4 3.6 is good stay with that. invest on a better graphic card instead. You wont see a big perfomance going from tha p4 3.6 to amd 4000. video games is all in the graphic cards.

intel fan boy ??

wtf look at the benches a amd 3000 compared to an amd fx-57 is like what 10 fps increase? any other game where it shows a increase of like 20 fps or more it doenst matter what cpu u use cuase most of then will run the game at 60 fps or more. see the athlon 1400 thunderbird(is so old i never heard of it) can run it at 65 fps. In newer games anything as good as a amd 64 3000 or better will peform close to the highed cpu. stay with that processor and wait to see what the new intel and amd sockets can do.

Yes those AMDs will beat your Intel but it seems everyone here is missing the point. Is it worth buying a new CPU when the one YOU ALREADY HAVE is more than capable?? Heck no, spend the money on upgrading other parts. Some of you AMD guys are plain crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom