Okay, Im leaving it alone now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
OMG, I reseated the computer again! 3 Times today!

First, I did b1gapl's way, one pea size dot in the middle, but grrrr..... i think I put too many, idle temp was at 38C on BIOS after about 4 hours of being turned off.

Second, I did the instructions in Arctic's website, but Instead of one line across, I did one line in the middle and a tiny line on top and the bottom of it, then I took it off to check and see if I put too many, I did. So I wiped off the one in the heatsink and left the ones in the cpu behind. Idle temp was 45C in BIOS.

Third, just finished two minutes ago. I put it once, only once like Arctic's website showed, in the middle. Then I tiny tiny tiny very little pin size dot in the middle in the line. Idle temp, 39C in BIOS but thats after only 10 ~ 20 minutes of having the computer turned off. So it would be like 35C if it was turned off for like 8 hours and I just put it back on.

Ill show a diagram on what I did. the best result so far are First and Third. Second was horrible. Never take your heatsink off after applying a thermalpaste to check your progress. If you do, take everything off from the cpu too and put a new one back in! I just learned that today after reseating my heatsink three times.

Oh btw, I found a 32 fl oz bottle of "Isopropyl Alcohol 70%" in my bathroom. I used my socks to wipe off the thermalpaste on both the cpu and heatsink. I tried using a coffee filter but it doesnt work very well. It left residue on the heatsink and the cpu. The socks took everything out in one wipe. So I kept wiping it making sure that no single tiny micro size cotton was left in both the cpu and the heatsink since I used my cotton socks haha. :D

Anyway, ill show you guys the diagram on how I applied it. So now, temps in Everest (Idle & Stock Settings) are showing....

Motherboard: 37
CPU: 38
Core 1: 48
Core 2: 48
Core 3: 46
Core 4: 47

Its horrible but hopefully it will get better once the paste cures, I hope it will drop by around 5~10 degrees lower. That would make me feel a lot better.

Edit: So heres the Diagram....

I will stop messing with it yes. haha :D
I wonder how many times I can reseat my heatsink until it finally breaks because I keep reseating it. Any Ideas?

Yes, ill stop. LOLz, at least now my CPU temp is as cool as my motherboard temp. In fact, one degree lower haha. Mobo is 40C and CPU is 39C just doing web surfing.

Edit: CPU, not Core temps btw. Core temps are 49, 49, 48, 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom