OK, Totally changed setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I am on a budget, i have little money, i was going to make a bad choice. I realized that the e8400 3ghz was only 200$ at the microcenter by me. I realized iw ould never use all 4 cores, and that the e8400 is a faster cpu. The motherboard i also picked out was garbage. This 1 is more futureproof. Here is the setup.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail
Micro Center Online - the center of .computer shopping

I am saving about 5$ but the motherboard is MUCH better and the CPU is faster, but less cores than i will use. I just want to play crysis lol! o yea, i already have the 8800GT SC if u guys havnt seen my posts before... sry for being kind of annoying with all my posts, i want to make good choices, and u guys are the ones to ask. thanks in advance to everyone!

Most people would still choose the q6600, since more and more games and applications are utilizing four core, and crysis is one of them.

i think the dual core will be good for another year or so, so ill just do that and the motherboard can use quad core so ill go quad core when it is really needed. By not getting the quad, i upgraded to a MUCH better motherboard.

what is the difference between 65nm and 45nm? is 45nm better? cuz the dual core is 45nm. 200$ at the micro center by me.

from what i seen the 65nm supports 1066fsb and the 45nm supports 1333fsb

the 45nm will be faster but in my option not a huge difference maker

i would suggest a good gigabyte mobo they seem to be doing good at the moment

from what i seen the 65nm supports 1066fsb and the 45nm supports 1333fsb

the 45nm will be faster but in my option not a huge difference maker

65NM chips also support native 1333FSB, e.g. e6750, e6850, QX6850.

45NM Duals have more cache, run cooler and the cache performs better lower latency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom