Ok Open Box Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS P5K DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

really cheap at $145.95.. and my friend will be using it with a Q6600 build... and he is a heavy overclocker... so this thing comes with just the board right? so where do i get the other wires needed? Plz show me links for other wires he needs, all he needs is the wires.... the rest of the build (Except the board) came iin today... the Open Box will take more time.. or is it like the regular.. and comes with the other wires

with open box you may or may not get the cables and whatnot with the board.

Here is what the board comes with.

Package Contents

P5K DELUXE/WIFI-AP (you always get the board itself)
Driver Disk (You can download drivers online if you don't get it)
User Manual (You can download it online if you need it)
Rear I/O Panel Shield (you don't "need" this to get it running but you can find them after)
IDE/PATA Cable (Easy to get)
FDD Cable (easy to get)
2 x SATA Cable (easy to get)
4-pin to SATA Power Cable (not really needed)
Bracket

its a gamble. I've had open box mobos come with everything and some come with nothing.

Cables wont be difficult, its that **** I/O shield thats a hassle. Hook it up right away to make sure it works - neweggs return on open box is like 15 days, gotta work fast.

cables such as SATA, IDE, FDD will be easy to get - get them from newegg.

Hopefully it comes wtih the wireless antenna - if not any standard size antenna will fit it, get one that has a range booster or something.

If it doesnt come with the I/O shield contact ASUS and tell them that you'll need a new one - they might send you one, they might not. Biostar has always sent me ones when I requested for free too.

^ ok thanks man...

i thought u'd know the answer.. cuz we know how much exp you have with a Open Box Board.. Cough cough Asus P5N-E cough cough

EDIT thanks too UA Iron.. i don't think my friend cares about the IO Shield Plate or the Wifi Antenna... he's already got a wireless card... and some ppl really don't like those shield plates anyways... that also answers why Vernon's board doesn't have a I/O Shield Plate ;)

^ HMM.. nice deal.. and no accessories... but i guess i can tell my friend to buy that separately... thanks for the help Sora and UA_Iron...

Topic Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom