Ok, one more time before I begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
My OCZ ram finally came in from Newegg, so now I can install my 7900GTX. wooohoooo!! Anyway, I'm still nervous about my first video card swap.

Anyone mind giving me a small 'step by step' run down of how to swap my graphics card? I'm sure I'll do it fine, but still................never hurts to have help. lol

What worries me the most is connecting the wires. How many wires will need to be connected to the GTX? One, Two?

Thanks all. :)

depends, how many connectors are on your card. I think now it is coming with 1 only. (PCI-E), before you remove card, make sure (assuming you were using ATi card before), remove all drivers completely. as when swapping between ATi and nVidia, it creates problems sometimes. so before plugging out the card, remove the drivers. and then shut down PC immediately. then swap the card, also make sure to give independent rail to the nVidia card. (not shared with H/D at least)

Thanks,

I'm switching from a 6800Ultra, but yeah........I'll remove the drivers before I start. I was thinking there's only one connection too, but Im unsure.

in that case you might not need to remove the drivers, but better is to download the latest ForceWare. and a fresh install of frivers will do good, as I have recently started using nVidia after 2+ years with ATi. and the newest forceware is better.

Blind_Arrow said:
in that case you might not need to remove the drivers, but better is to download the latest ForceWare. and a fresh install of frivers will do good, as I have recently started using nVidia after 2+ years with ATi. and the newest forceware is better.

Yeah, I'll reinstall the drivers just for the sake of doing it. Wish me luck. Hopefully I have an uneventfull card removal/install. :)

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom