Ok...I think I got my final parts picked out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think.... GABB believes the regular p35-ds3r doesn't support Penryn, WHICH IT DOES. They BOTH do. So get the regular p35-ds3r for the better bang for the buck!!!!

well I guess I read the article wrong sa they were comparing it to that older gigabyte 969 boards. Anyways you really have to think a 30 measely dollars for DDR3 support isnt bad as they say:

"Another reason to choose the P35 Express over the P965 Express is support for DDR3 memory, but this round compared DDR2 configurations. DDR3 memory is still in it infancy, suffering from horrible latency compared to DDR2. "

"Perhaps Gigabyte's DDR2 plus DDR3 supporting GA-P35C-DS3R is worth a closer look because it can use today's top-performing DDR2 memory while maintaining future compatibility with faster DDR3 modules, overclocks extremely well, and puts up good overall performance numbers? "

so you tell me whats "better bang for your buck", being more future proof for 30 aint bad at all.

well I guess I read the article wrong sa they were comparing it to that older gigabyte 969 boards. Anyways you really have to think a 30 measely dollars for DDR3 support isnt bad as they say:

"Another reason to choose the P35 Express over the P965 Express is support for DDR3 memory, but this round compared DDR2 configurations. DDR3 memory is still in it infancy, suffering from horrible latency compared to DDR2. "

"Perhaps Gigabyte's DDR2 plus DDR3 supporting GA-P35C-DS3R is worth a closer look because it can use today's top-performing DDR2 memory while maintaining future compatibility with faster DDR3 modules, overclocks extremely well, and puts up good overall performance numbers? "

so you tell me whats "better bang for your buck", being more future proof for 30 aint bad at all.

I'd still go with the regular p35-ds3r. I highly doubt the ddr3 will be have record breaking performance compared to the ddr2 mobo. Using a c2d with a ddr2 and using c2d with ddr3 with all other hardware being the same... I'm sure they'll be on par with one another. You might see a difference in benchmarks, but in real use... I doubt it.

I'd much rather use the $30 to buy a bigger HDD. $30 should get you about 150-200gb more of storage... I'm talking about if you haven't purchased any parts yet... 400gb HDD to a 500gb HDD is only $20 difference. Or upgrading any other purchase.

But that's just my opinion... But I guess it doesn't matter if you have all the money in the world. Then sure, go for the p35c-ds3r!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom