Oh NOOOO, e6750

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, stop being a scaredy-cat. Second, thermal paste isn't permanent. It's not hard to take off once applied, texture and stickiness is like peanut butter. Third, you're not going to damage the CPU that easily. You know how to apply TP right?

I've heard so many people say the size of a "grain of rice". But I've seen a picture where they apply a straight line of TP on the cpu. So, I'm not really familiar with it.

Since it's a dual core, you would apply a line on the CPU, forgot which way though. Who remembers my comment on putting the penny between the CPU and HSF or my other one on diamond paste?

Here's a video on the thermal paste application and a technique.
Dude is doing it the hard way.

Clean the top of the CPU and the base of the heatsink with cotton swabs and alcohol. Put a dab of thermal paste in the center of the heat sink, at least a grain of rice but less than a pea. Seat the heatsink and mount it. Done.

ur going scared over the thermal paste?? thats one of the easier parts of the job dude.... i think that vid is the hard way.... try atleast rice-grain but less than a dime... try to keep it in the middle for better distribution

From my understanding (which is little), thermal paste, while cooling better then most thermal pads (exp stock cooler pads) do not last as long as the pads. Also I thought the pads over time form a almost bond to the processor making them hard to remove.

But I remember reading an article (here i think) that the thermal pad that comes with the Artic Freezer Pro out performed most thermal pastes.

And, just because they are selling the paste next to the processor doesn't mean you need it. I would think it would come with a stock thermal pad.

Please correct me.

Edit: And on an OT note, looks like the prices are right in line with what we were predicting, $195. That made me happy :)

Yes, the TP that comes with the AF7 is the MX-1 one of the best TP around, better than AS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom