Oh NOOOO, e6750

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Just saw some website selling e6750... do you have to put THERMAL PASTE on the e6750???? I thought it was the sticky pad thingy on the cpu... I am afraid to do this(thermal paste if that is what I have to do).... very afraid. I will mess it up!!!

it gives options next to the e6750 purchase button so you can order a thermal paste with it... so I'm guessing you HAVE to use thermal paste???

If you want low temps, you have to use the thermal paste. Retail CPU's come with the heatsink with a thermal layer applied. But if you really want a low temperature, you must do the thermal paste application yourself. Anyways, what wrong with doing it yourself.

If you want low temps, you have to use the thermal paste. Retail CPU's come with the heatsink with a thermal layer applied. But if you really want a low temperature, you must do the thermal paste application yourself. Anyways, what wrong with doing it yourself.

Just scared that I might apply too much or too little... and then destroy the cpu in the long run... or as soon as I turn it on b/c is overflows or w/e..

get an arctic freezer, no paste, pad, and easy to install

Are you guys suggesting this with the stock cooler that I'll be using that comes with the processor.... because I don't have a aftermarket cooler... I won't have one for a while.

edit: just saw artic freezer on newegg... so you're suggesting I get aftermarket cooler,right?

Are the thermal layer/compound permanent? I wouldn't think so... but isn't it hard to take the cooler off once it is applied? Seems like it would damage the components while trying to take it off...

From my understanding (which is little), thermal paste, while cooling better then most thermal pads (exp stock cooler pads) do not last as long as the pads. Also I thought the pads over time form a almost bond to the processor making them hard to remove.

But I remember reading an article (here i think) that the thermal pad that comes with the Artic Freezer Pro out performed most thermal pastes.

And, just because they are selling the paste next to the processor doesn't mean you need it. I would think it would come with a stock thermal pad.

Please correct me.

Edit: And on an OT note, looks like the prices are right in line with what we were predicting, $195. That made me happy :)

Are the thermal layer/compound permanent? I wouldn't think so... but isn't it hard to take the cooler off once it is applied? Seems like it would damage the components while trying to take it off...

First off, stop being a scaredy-cat. Second, thermal paste isn't permanent. It's not hard to take off once applied, texture and stickiness is like peanut butter. Third, you're not going to damage the CPU that easily. You know how to apply TP right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom