Oh God I have no idea what im doing

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up about rep/moderated posts.

I'm actually based in the UK and I've heard eBuyer is a decent site to get parts, cheap and reliable (or so i've heard).

Well mainly I'm looking for good enough specs to stream league of legends in 720p as I don't currently have an xSplit license, I only stream for fun but it will be nice to upgrade too and my birthday is coming up (hooray), I know I sound like a brat saying this but it's really hard to play games not max graphics, and when you have friends like mine you never hear the end of the ribbing I get with load times.

Could you recommend which parts you think I should upgrade? I didn't really understand when you said 'On that note, if you are going to upgrade to the FX then you will most likely need a new motherboard as well.' but then said 'I really don't think your CPU is holding you back too much despite lack of GPU power. '

Sorry for the constant questions, I'm a newbie when it comes to this stuff, I just don't want to spend money where it's not neccessary, you know?

Anyway, thank you all for helping out and answering my constant stream of questions, I'd +rep if I could! But for now I'll give you a warm thanks and your help is greatly appreciated.

Ah ok, maybe it's because I'm sick but I thought you said Amazon :p

Getting new RAM/CPU wont help in the loading times. That is strictly based on the speed of your HDD. I'm guessing they have SSDs, and that is the only way you can speed up your loading times. What RAM/CPU will do is release any bottleneck your CPU might be anywhere else. The FX 4100 is a good upgrade, but what I was saying is your GPU is quite weak as well.

As for streaming, you can use Xfire for that IIRC. I remember one of their bigger updates was for some form of game stream.

:confused:

I'm a little confused, I'm trying to search for a new GPU, which is apparently a 'Graphics Processing Unit' but I can't find anywhere to buy one, and everytime I search for something relating to GPU the results consist of questions about Graphics Cards, then when I check Wikipedia it says 'not to be confused with graphics card'

A GPU is the chip on a graphics card. If you are on eBuyer.com then just hover over components and click on AMD or Nvidia graphics cards link. What is your budget for the card itself?

Well I can spend up to £120 on a card possibly could stretch a little if it's worth it, I'm really not fussed with loading times as long as the game itself runs smoothly at high fps.

Back
Top Bottom