Oh Boy oh boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timaphillips

In Runtime
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/pentium-d-920-930.html

Review of the Intel D 920 and 930's...Overclocked of course. I had high hopes for these 9xx CPU's, but it's not looking as good as I had hoped. But remember when comparing them on the graphs provided that they are being compared to the FX-60, a much much MUCH more spendy processor.

It's still weird for me to see that an Intel CPU overclocked (with stock cooling, mind you), still isn't doing what we would hope it would at around 4.0 GHZ!!!???

It is exiting, however, that with stock cooling you can take the 2.8 D920 and overclock it to around 3.9. Think of the potential with water cooling...Then you're getting a big bang for your buck, especially at the 920-930 pricing range.

I guess it depends on what you're doing with your computer. GHz numbers don't really impress me all too much. Sure you can get an intel up to like 4.0GHz but depending on what you're doing with it an AMD 3800 should keep up with, if not out perform it. I'm a little biased because I'm a gamer and I love my AMDs on gaming though. Intel makes a better processor for everyday tasks, certain apps and such.

Yeah, and I'd go with AMD if my whole set-up wasn't for Intel. It'd cost me a ton to get a new AMD processor, motherboard and DDR RAM instead of DDR2 RAM. My only gripe is the gaming thing, but I'm gonna get a new 9xx series soon and overclock it. Then, hopefully a 1800 or 1900 ATI card. $$ $$ $$ All in due time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom