An office desktop setup - build or buy? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Old 07-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default An office desktop setup - build or buy?

Hi all;

I'd like to build an office desktop with the following features:

• 2 dual head video cards (to support up to 4 monitors)
• 8 gb memory
• 256gb SSD
• At least 2 USB 3.0 ports

The processor and other features don't need to be special - these are the main features I need.

It's hard to find a desktop that includes an SSD as the primary drive. I don't want or need a larger platter HD, but I don't have the tech skills to replace it with an SSD by myself. I think I can add the 2 dual head video cards though, so long as I can find a motherboard to support them.

Based on the above, should I start with a stock system and pay someone to modify it, or is it better to just have a local shop put something together for me?

og5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On