Offered a computer...good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
I recently just got back into computer gaming, and a mutual friend of mine agreed to sell me his rig at the specified price of $1500. I trust the users of this site, and have been out of the loop so long, that I've decided to ask for opinions here. So is it good for the price?

Specs:

SYSTEM SPECS

ASUS RAMPAGE - MOBO DDR2 SUPER CLOCKER

Thermaltake KANDALF LCS Water Cooled Case Cooling the CPU only

INTEL - E8600 3.3@4.2. He says he's had this chip as high as 4.5 just to test it with no issues.

DANGER DAN- CPU Waterblock.

MUSHKIN - 2- 2X2GB TOTAL 8 GB XP2 - 8500 @ 1055MHz. Says it can clock higher

HDD-Western Digital Western Digital VEOLOCIRAPTOR - 300GB

HDD-SEAGATE BARRACUDA - 750GB STORAGE DRIVE

2-DIAMOND 4870 XOC These are Factory Overclocked running at 800/1100. Running under 50c

DVD-RW Samsung SATA 22X

1000 WATT Ultra X3 Power Supply.

SOFTWARE LOADED AND EXTRAS:

Additional 120 MM fans

Installed OS & Software

Vista Ultimate 64

Software:

Crysis Full Loaded w Patch for Vista - no issues!!!

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3

CALL of DUTY 4

FAR CRY

Adobe CS3 Photoshop
MS Office 2007 Full Suite
Nero Burning Rom
Adobe Reader
Win rar

So...$1500 a good price for this?

I'm not actually sure, but I do know that he has crysis running at 1900X1200 4XAA 64BIT DX10 & VSYNC with an average FPS= 45

But ultimately, this is still worth it right? I have been wanting to try Crysis, and play it beautifully. $1500 is a steal right?

For $1500 it is a steal for a PC that some one else built. You could probably do better if you made your own. But if you don't know how to custom make your own computers, then I would jump on that deal.

So go for it, you won't regret it. Even custom built you wouldn't be able to do much better then what his offering for the price.

I don't, but I have friends that are willing to do it for really cheap. If you wouldn't mind linking me to parts that would create a just as good - if not better machine for that price, building it, "myself".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom