OEM Blu Ray Drive - Will it come with software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ did you ever get it? dont worry it will come with the software.

Not yet.... its supposed to be shipped today :)

I cant wait to pick it up and install it :) I have to pick it up from 2:00PM - 5:00PM today since I just moved back to school and all packages sent to the school goes to the mailing office.

Ill update you guys whether if it did come with the software and if the player works great or not :)

Well... I havent gotten the drive yet because of weather conditions so it may be delayed for a couple more days :(

aww this one is x2 faster then mine in everything, plus this one has DVD and CD writing, mine doesnt. This one also costs $10 more then the one i got, mine is a Lite-On brand too.

should of waited.

When you buy something like this can you just go to the site to download whatever software was released with it ? If i were you i would check the companies site to check, maybe send them an email too and see if they will help you out. A lot of times companies have kick butt customer service, other times they do not.

Every single OEM part i have ever got came in bubble rap with no software at all. HDD, floppy drive, cpu (well the cpu came in plastic lol)

When you buy something like this can you just go to the site to download whatever software was released with it ? If i were you i would check the companies site to check, maybe send them an email too and see if they will help you out. A lot of times companies have kick butt customer service, other times they do not.

Every single OEM part i have ever got came in bubble rap with no software at all. HDD, floppy drive, cpu (well the cpu came in plastic lol)

the software will get the latest updates once u install and start using the software. That is what my PowerDVD 7 did.

Hey guys.... I just got the drive and am currently installing the software right now :)

The drive was recognized pretty easily and the driver was updated by Vista on its own :)

It did come with the software... taking a while to install it right now hehe

Ill test a couple movies with it and see if it works. Ill keep it posted here :

told ya. glad to see it came with the stuff. did it come with a cable?

Yea it came with the cable but I used the one I have because it was an L shaped at the end and made the connection much better :)

But anyway... the player plays BD-50 disc fine... though I havent tried BD-25 but Im sure it works just as good. Picture quality in the movie is perfect! Though Im not sure if its in 1080p or 720p cuz my monitor is only 22" 1680x1050 resolution which is not 1080p

Yea it came with the cable but I used the one I have because it was an L shaped at the end and made the connection much better :)

But anyway... the player plays BD-50 disc fine... though I havent tried BD-25 but Im sure it works just as good. Picture quality in the movie is perfect! Though Im not sure if its in 1080p or 720p cuz my monitor is only 22" 1680x1050 resolution which is not 1080p

it can go up to 1080p, scale up to 1080p without losing the quality. Will give u black bars top n bottom of the screen since the screen isnt true 720p or 1080p n is just being a bit downscaled; also isnt 16:9 ratio, but 16:10.

it can go up to 1080p, scale up to 1080p without losing the quality. Will give u black bars top n bottom of the screen since the screen isnt true 720p or 1080p n is just being a bit downscaled; also isnt 16:9 ratio, but 16:10.

Yea I do get the black bars on the top and bottom... LOL... I was wondering why I did hehe.... cuz I remembered when I watch the movies at home in Blu Ray I didnt get the bars. :)

I guess all I need now is a 1080p 46" TV in my dorm room :) Haha I do want one though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom