OEM Blu Ray Drive - Will it come with software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I ordered this item from newegg just a couple of days ago and should arrive on Jan. 5, 2009.

Here's the item link...
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 6X Blu-ray DVD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal 6X Blu-Ray DVD ROM & 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Model iHES106-29 - Blu-Ray Drives

The picture shows a SATA Cable as well as software and on the package contents it shows that the software disc as well as SATA cable are both included. I have read the reviews of the item and when I ordered it, all the reviews said that the item did come with the software as well as the SATA cable. I dont care much about the SATA cable since I have plenty of them, however, I do care about the software because I don't want to spend another $100.00 for a software to play Blu Ray.

However, on one of the recent reviews, it said that when theirs arrived, it did not come with the software. It made me nervous because in the package contents, it clearly stated that the software is and will be included. And since its an OEM device, I am now unsure of what to think.

Its not that big of an issue, if it doesnt come with the software, I can just return it and order the LG Blu Ray/HD DVD player which I should have ordered that one in the first place. But I have no need for an HD DVD Player anyway.... but yea....

What do you guys think?

most of the time when people get a blu ray drive on thier computer and cant play blu ray movies is because they need the right codec to play the dvd. and the drive should come with some kind of soft ware to play a blu ray

Thanks guys... for the fast reply. What a relief. :) I hope that when I get the package and open it, the first thing I see is the software :)

uhmmm OEM drives come with the drive in bubble wrap...no software, no cables...

i know hard drives and CD/dvd drives are like that...maybe some aren't. but most are. I guess if it's pictured with software/cable it'll come with it though

i know hard drives and CD/dvd drives are like that...maybe some aren't. but most are. I guess if it's pictured with software/cable it'll come with it though

Yea this is what worried me... but the package contents said Software and Sata cable... so I assumed it would come with those...

When I ordered my Hard Drive off newegg it didnt come with anything since I bought it as OEM. So I guess Ill find out when I get the drive :(

^ wrong, they do come in bubble wrap but i have orderd 4 dvd drives off of newegg all of them OEM and they were in bubble wrap with the software taped to the drive. this was the same with my dads pioneer blu ray drive.

if they say it will come wtih something/picture it with something it WILL come with it..but if they don't state that it comes with it, don't expect it

i dunno...i know i'm not 100% right, but out of all the drives i've ordered none have come with cables or software

if they say it will come wtih something/picture it with something it WILL come with it..but if they don't state that it comes with it, don't expect it

i dunno...i know i'm not 100% right, but out of all the drives i've ordered none have come with cables or software

Hm... the last two reviews says that it didnt come with the software or cable. :(

**** it.... I guess I will have to order the LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Player instead :(

If I have known I would have gotten that first :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom