• Deja Vu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KlNGPlN

In Runtime
I seriously cant make up my mind between these two, its like speed vs. space and I know both are good and something I will need but I need to know which outweighs the other in pro's n con's. I tried to look up some information before creating this topic but couldnt really find anything.

Here is the 2 choices
2GB DDR500 OCZ Plat or Gold Edition Approx. $250
or
1GB DDR600 OCZ Elite Edition Approx $165

I have the DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D motherboard.

Hopefully I can get some good feedback regarding the pros and cons, why it would be worth it and why it wouldnt be worth it.

This is the final piece in my build and prob the most confusing.

so some help would be appreciated

ps. Thanks Nitestick for all the helpful information along the way.

whoa there's a blast from the past.

quite simple really, unless you're an overclocker or have serious intentions of becoming one, neither. if you are an overclocker then 2GB of DDR500 would probably still serve you best. gaara and myself prefer the ultra high speed stuff. he has DDR600 and i'm working at getting my memory to run at 1:1 so DDR520. honestly most people are far better off with more memory than bandwidth

yea but either way I see it I have to overclock in order to get any of them to work correctly, i mean I totally understand how the memory can be useful thats 1 whole extra gig. but hey I mean I prefer ultra high speed stuff to now, lol you and gaara arent the only ones. im going to do alot of video encoding (burning dvd music videos from avi into dvd format) and maybe start playing some games on the computer which i never did before, will the ddr600 be a big difference in bandwidth speeds when overclocked compaired to the ddr500? so big that it will make up for the 1GB difference or wont it is basically what im wondering.

leave aside that it might not be for you but only me stuff, lets get to the real deal.

im thats 40000+ members and %90 are never on or never psoted.

but i agree with nitestick, you dont need DDR600 unless you plan to really overclock, plus 2gb is getting more of a need these days.

i vote the 2gb DDR500

i think you'd have troubles oc'ing to 300 mhz unless you had some pretty good cooling..

so i myself vote on 2 gigs of ddr500 because i doubt you'll use the full ddr 600 anyway, i ran on 2 gigs of ddr500 and it worked like a charm.. far better than running 1 gig, things ran much more smoothly

I vote for the 2 Gigs DDR500, because I run on DDR400 (3200) and I have never had a problem with bandwidth on my RAM, that and the 2 gigs gives you more power than 1 gig will.

Oh and alot of people never post or never have posted, which is why so few are posting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom