OCZ Vendetta 2 v Thermalright TRUE Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesirecat1701

Running on empty.
Ok so I'm going to go ahead and invest in a " real " air cooler, and my choice have come down to two.

In the blue corner is the OCZ Vendetta 2

OCZ Vendetta 2 Triple Heatpipe PWM Universal CPU Cooler (OCZTVEND2) - FrozenCPU.com

Pros:
~$42 with thermal paste
Direct Heatpipe contact
Cools on the same level as the TRUE black

Cons:
it's tall but it's a tower

and the current champion according to most sources
the famous TRUE only in Black (differences between the silver and black version are negligible)

Pros:
the champ of coolers
six heat pipes
allows two fans

Cons: comes to about $100 with a fan and thermal paste

okay now alot of people claim the Thermalright is the champ but in most reviews the OCZ Vendetta is either on par or better,

so can I get a few thoughts towards a choice?

Just go Xigmatek S1283..... Thats my opinion.
But the Vendetta 2 is alright as well. Isnt the OCZ Gladiator the newest one and the Vendetta2 is the older model?

Go with the vendetta, Comes cheaper and beats or matches it's performance in most cases. And the black edition is too expensive there's not enough gain to justify the extra cost. And if your were going to get the black you might as well get the TR, which has added heat pipes and comes with a fan now! It does slightly better then the others, really the black edition is just a gimmick, i admit it looks much better but really your just shaving off the extra degree at absolute most for extra cost. Since the TR is the same price you might as well get that, the only reason i would get the black over the silver is the new fan retention clip, the old one sucked. But the TR has this anyway. Frosty tech seem to think the sunbeam core contact is still the best and that's alto cheaper or even the xigmatek like zedman said. Either way your results will come out within 1-2 degrees of each other.

well maybe I'm mistaken but it seems the the Xigmatek is the lower end of this tier, it without a doubt in the top class but the order in cooling power seems to be this
1. OCZ Vendetta 2
2. Thermalright TRUE
3. XIgmatek S1823

keep in mind this assumption if from outdated reviews, so now maybe the newer coolers are better, but I'm overclocking an e5200 so most of the reivews I'm basing this on are on C2D chips

Go with the vendetta,

yeh i'm leaning strongly towards OCZ's offering mainly because the Thermalright is an exorbitant amount of money and I could put that money into water cooling with a $100 buy in fee lol

ahh crap I double posted, sorry

i would have thought something like this
1. Core Contact/TRUE
2. Xigmatek s1823/DK
3.ocz vendetta

or possibly putting the CC at no.2 with the xigmatek

well maybe I'm mistaken but it seems the the Xigmatek is the lower end of this tier, it without a doubt in the top class but the order in cooling power seems to be this
1. OCZ Vendetta 2
2. Thermalright TRUE
3. XIgmatek S1823

keep in mind this assumption if from outdated reviews, so now maybe the newer coolers are better, but I'm overclocking an e5200 so most of the reivews I'm basing this on are on C2D chips

Fair enough bro.

But FrostyTech which does most if not all heatsink reviews puts the S1283 well ahead of the Vendetta 2 and one or two spots ahead of the TRUE.
sunbeamtech Intel LGA775 Final Heatsink Temperature Comparisons - Core-Contact Freezer 92mm FrostyTech Review

Shows the S1283 DK doing worse because the standard S1283 has exposed copper pipes.

it differs a lot review site to review site i guess. If it comes down to price/perf. then walk away with a core contact for sure, but if you like the vendetta just get it, They are close enough that the difference won't affect your overclocks, all will cool a e5200 sufficiently

it differs a lot review site to review site i guess. If it comes down to price/perf. then walk away with a core contact for sure, but if you like the vendetta just get it, They are close enough that the difference won't affect your overclocks, all will cool a e5200 sufficiently

Thats very true, reviewers in this area vary a lot.
The motto of the story is, which ever you get, your good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom