OCZ Titanium and Gold edition RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstick666

Daemon Poster
the titanium series is the top of the line for OCZ, i believe

keep it, see how it OCs, then if it doesnt do very well return it lol :)
the timings on the titanium are so much more better, so i say keep it

you can use DDR500 on your mobo, it will just downclock to pc3200 speeds until you OC

SAME PRICE?
like 30 dollar difference, someone has a lot of money

I have the Gold edition DDR500, which i guess right now is kinda a waste since my mobo OCs like crepe. But i'm not too concerned since its really really really stable and better than the <<gasp>> Ultra brand mismatched ram i had in there before.

It's not really worth it to get the Titanium series, they're not really designed for games. The Gold series and Platinum series are better for that case, and less expensive.

looks like split opinion here...
the timings on the titanium are so much better. But its not good for game???
and btw at newegg, Titanium is $304 and Gold is $309, its only $5 diff.
some1 help..

shenlingstyle said:
It's not really worth it to get the Titanium series, they're not really designed for games. The Gold series and Platinum series are better for that case, and less expensive.

wtf are you talking about not good for games

any ram is ok for games, the only difference between ram are if you can OC them or not and the quality but they are both made from OCZ

From the OCZ website:

Titanium: The OCZ Titanium Series is the industryÂ’s only line of memory devoted to the needs of IT professionals, high-end mission critical systems, and servers.

Gold: The OCZ Gold series gets gamers back on track to extreme PC-gaming conditions providing unwavering memory performance at a price gamers can afford. Equipped with the ultra-fast Enhanced Latency technology, the Gold series is built to deliver blazing speeds with incredible stability and endurance for maximum frame-rates.

PZEROFGH: "wtf are you talking about not good for games", where are you getting that from? When did I say it wasn't GOOD for games? Try reading before you jump to conclusions.

so...i should return this and get Gold right?
if its better for games..thats what im gonna use mainly..
or say i need the gold in order to OC?
do i really need to OC memory???
im getting evga7800GTX 512 w it...mb im fine w this Titanium...
since it has good timings..
what do u think?
i dunno anymore...

Here's my view:

Why get Gold: it's more oriented for gaming, it has better overclocking abilities, if you ever feel the need to overclock in the future you will have one less component to worry about.

Why get Titanium: it's cheap (according to your figures), to my knowledge the Titanium series are generally very expensive stuff, if you don't plan to overclock, this series will perform just as well as the Gold series, but then again so will other much less expensive modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom