OCZ Timings

what next?

• HDTV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Build

• Save/invest/wait for something else (please suggest what for)

• Other (please let me know in a comment)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sw_freak64

In Runtime
11-129-154-24.JPG

I have everything down for my build except RAM. Here is my build as it currently stands, feel free to comment:

Antec Performance I P180 Silver ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
~$124.99

MSI K8N Diamond Plus Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX AMD Motherboard
~$189.99

2 eVGA Geforce 7900GTX 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
~$529.00 each /$1,038.00 for both

PC Power & Cooling TURBO-COOL 850 SSI T85SSI SLI, EPS12V, SSI 850W Power Supply (not sure on this either, havent heard of this company before<<<<<< input?)
~$448.99

AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Toledo 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor
~$1,015.00

3 Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive !OEM!(not sure on this<<<<)
~$274.99 each/ $824.97 for all 3

Acer AL2416Wd Silver 24" 6ms Widescreen LCD Monitor
~$829.99

LITE-ON 16X DVD±R DVD Burner W/ LightScribe and 5X DVD-RAM Write Black ATAPI/E-IDE !OEM!(not sure again<<<<<)
~$58.99

Subtotal before tax and shipping:$4,850.90

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and here are the RAM choices:

OCZ Platinum Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB)

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB)

OCZs timings are far superior to Corsair and Corsair "select" RAM, RAM utilities prefer OCZ to most AND OCZ is talking about adding ECC to their product line!!!!!

BTW leeslangley nice 3D mark!!! but....when i finish my build it will BLOW yours out of the water!! **will post when finished!**

Get some G.SKILL ddr500 or OCZ DDR500 and OC that FX60....

Btw evreything on the build looks good....the OEM Hardrives and Disc reader are fine.....

Id like to let you know one thing....your spending 4 grand on this PC, I Highly suggest you wait for Intel conroes to come out, get the EE of those, and you will have one **** of a pc....

Its one thing when your buying a 1600 dollar pc, but with your money, I guarentee youd be better off waiting...

NO this is not "the waiting game"

its your choice...but im pretty sure all the regulars here at TF will agree with me.....start getting ready for Conroe...its going to UBER FAST

:D

Someone definitely has some cash to throw around. Since it's so close to the release of AM2 and Conroe, i would wait a little while and check those out. Plus by that time 939 prices will have dropped, and if you aren't impressed by the new chips you can get your system for much cheaper.

With the ram, go for the Platinum Edition DDR500 (first link), it's better than the second link you posted.

tehdigit said:
what are you building this computer for

holy ****

LMAO! you like? and thank you for the information about my PSU, jus havent ran in to those guys yet and didnt know if it was a hoax.

Oh and BTW you guys...i am making a 4-5k build b/c in the long run it will pay for itself. See, the way i figure it is this...while all you are upgrading and upgrading as you will, i can sit back on my 4GB RAM, screaming HDDs, kickass CPU, and duely 7900 GTXs! And i am also starting the air force and want a strong comp for a future, fast growing career. AND ALSO who can forget World of Warcraft and Call of Duity 2 at full specs, not to mention Halo 3 in the future...please if you find the smallest error in my build PLEASE consult me, I am attempting to make what i think is the biggest TF build this season!!! watch me work!

p.s. what speed are we talkin about w/ this "Conroe" chip? what about its L1, L2, FSB, core, and any other wild **** Intel throws into it. Personaly i have always been an AMD man and the FX-60 is lookin mighty dandy right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom