OCZ SSD question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know anything about the
OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-240G 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)?

I can get it for a real good price but some of the reviews on newegg are pretty bad because once you get it you need to do a firmware upgrade. Anyone?

I have a 120GB Agility, 30GB Vertex, 60GB Agility2 and a 120GB Agility3 drive. I've also recently gave away a 60GB Agility2 as well as a 120GB Vertex3 drive to a couple of needy Staff members. I'll be posting a review of the 120GB Vertex3 drive by next weekend.

I haven't had any problems with any of the drives I've tested nor have I had any problems updating the firmware.

Yeah I can vouch for the giving away. I just got my Vertex 3 in the mail today. Installed and setup Win7/Win8 on it already. Have to do my firmware update on it yet but 1 step at a time. Have to get it working properly first. Cant have my SSD get full.

The new Sandforce drives like the Agility 3 are somewhat hit or miss from what I have read. A lot of people have no problems with them and get great performance but I have heard enough horror stories to go along with those that I have reconsidered buying any more of them in the future.

Intel and Samsung are the most reliable however until their next gen drives are released I would avoid Samsung for performance reasons. Crucial is also fairly good from a quality standpoint but not quite up to Intel's level.

Yeah I can vouch for the giving away. I just got my Vertex 3 in the mail today. Installed and setup Win7/Win8 on it already. Have to do my firmware update on it yet but 1 step at a time. Have to get it working properly first. Cant have my SSD get full.

So can you update firmware without losing any data on the drive?

Night Fox:1932553 said:

So can you update firmware without losing any data on the drive?
sure can. I did the firmware update and booted right back into Windows a minute later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom