ocz or g skill hz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I heard, the XMS2 CAS4 doesn't guarantee Micron D9 chips. Which are chips, that are of high quality, and great for overclocking. Nagasama got those. But now, it's a hit or miss. Where as the HZs are guaranteed, and they are excellent for overclocking. It's only that Nagasama got a bad set. But normally, they're not like that. So I would go for the HZs, if I were you. Although the XMS2 CAS4 are not that bad.

hey nhlrocker i see that you have corsair xms2 so are they good? and the ram have to be ddr2 800 because my motherboard doesn't support 1066.

Personally i looove my xms2, very fast, great price. I haven't got to overclocking quite yet tho but I heard they're good for overclocking.

Like I told you in the PM you sent me. The G.Skill HZ's in HK are incredibly expensive. $1400HKD ($180 US Dollars). I bought the Corsair ones for 990HKD (127 USD) and I felt that was a bit high BUT, Like I said, RAM in HK is expensive for some reason.

Based on that price/performance ratio, everyone who just told you to go HZ's (and normally I'd guess they'd be right) will probably now tell you to go with the Corsair's.

If you do find the HZ's lower than that then congrats, I wasn't able to after 2 weeks of searching.

i lucked out and my 2 x 512mb set overclocks pretty much right along with my original 2gb set.
i will admit that it is likely i simply got a shoddy set of HZ and in general it is good ram.
it is just hard for me to recommend ram that i got shafted on, lol!
kinda the same as someone who got burned with xms2 wouldnt really want to tell people to get it. unless he was a meanie.
i just got lucky and both sets i have purchased, almost a year apart, have been fabulous overclockers. and they can run 3-3-3-9 1T higher than my HZ was able to as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom