OCZ or Antect PSU?? or another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

impulsebrklyn

Solid State Member
OCZ or Antect PSU?? im torn between them. any other suggestions, im not paying for a PSC to much money!

OCZ PowerStream OCZ520ADJSLI ATX, BTX, SATA, P4 and EPS12V 520W Power Supply - Retail

and the

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply - Retail

Chris

i would say antec, because it is the norm for people around theseforums. Also, it will last longer because of the higher wattage

I would say OCZ because it is also BTX. Therefore if you wanna upgrade in the future you can still use your power supply.

BTX is never going to be embraced by AMD so don't even consider BTX.

THey're both good brands but I'd go with Antec simply because I have experiance with their PSU's, and let me tell you, they are quality items.

BTX is never gonna be accepted until BOOM, there it is. I don't know if they will or not. Frankly I hope it flops. But since the OCZ supports ATX and BTX why not be ready just in case. Just like why not buy an ATX/BTX case just in case cause if it happens that's one less thing to buy.

But if BTX does take over, would you go and buy the first BTX board you saw, even though your "old" ATX works just fine?

Tu chez. I was just thinking that he could use the OCZ to power his ATX and have it later on if he wanted to switch to BTX. Would be one less thing for me to worry about later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom