OC question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody can tell you how much you can OC your cpu. It is totally dependent on your chip, mobo, ram, and cooling. There are people on here that can help you reach the full potential of your chip and tell you how to do everything. My guess is you can probably hit 3.2-3.4 GHz. That is just a random guess based on the stuff in your sig.

my g0 it at 3.6 right now so u could aim for that i guess.

the first thing u should do is up the cpu voltage in bios by .1
then up the fsb by 10 if it boots then up by 10 again. keep goin till u get to around 3.2 then leave it for a few days see how it goes. keep checkin ur temps as u oc too very important. when u get to 3.2 use a stress test program on ur cpu and she if it is stable.

What kind of temps are you getting at 3.6 with your tuniq? I tend to idle around 35 and load around 52 while gaming.

my g0 it at 3.6 right now so u could aim for that i guess.

the first thing u should do is up the cpu voltage in bios by .1
then up the fsb by 10 if it boots then up by 10 again. keep goin till u get to around 3.2 then leave it for a few days see how it goes. keep checkin ur temps as u oc too very important. when u get to 3.2 use a stress test program on ur cpu and she if it is stable.

might wanna update your sig??

nobody can tell you the potential of your overclock... you can always aim for something.. but your overclock depends on..... you CPU (you can always get a bad batch), RAM, Motherboard...

See my sig..

Hey veedub, i have the same case and CPU as you... i was thinking about getting the thermalright 120 but i heard it was pretty big. do u still have enough room in your case with that to be able to install a fan in the side pannel? And also, could i expect better performance from this or water cooling?

lol sry i don't want to hijack this thread...

No theres not room for the side fan. But its not needed. I was debating on cutting off the top corner of a 120mm fan as thats the only part of the fan that actually hits the cooler, but even without a fan, the vent on the side still sucks in a good bit of air due to the huge top fan.

I see... but the thing is, I wanted to install the side fan so I could push my GTX a little farther. Although I suppose I could always cut it like you said.

My GTX literally will not get any faster without better cooling. I can't even raise the core or memory clock one more MHz, otherwise 3D Mark 06 or any other 3D application for that matter freezes and I have to restart the the comp and lower the frequencies back to 655/1062

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom