OC q6600 G0 9x333

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i went into my bios, and the multiplyer was 9, like expected, but the mhz clock was 200, not 266. Was I looking at the wrong thing? this is under CPU Host Frequency(MHz)

when you applied the acfp, i hope you didnt remove the thermal pad on it since they provide you with mx-1 paste which is really good.

no, i removed the stock heatsinks left over residue, and kept on the af7's paste as the new paste.

So do you know why the mhz clock was at 200 not 266 like it should be?

Ok, i bumped the 200 (was supposed to be 266) up to 333, and so far so good.
Coretemp reads 3.0ghz!! Im still only hitting mid 40's as well! Would it be wise to go higher? (Im about to run an all night prime95)

if you can get a better heat sink liek a tuniq tower or thermalright 120 you will be able to go much farther, ontop of that you can lapp it, you will reach 3.6ghz easaly, with another heatsink, if i where you id go for 3.4ghz, with yoru current heatsink fan, your fine till about 75c at load.

i want to go to 3.2, do i have to change any voltages or anything at all other than just rebump up the 333 to 356? or should i make it 400 with 8x multiplyer?

also, just 3dmark06ed, and went from 10111 to 10573. I was hoping for a higher score, and hopefully my 8800gt will increase that when i get it(i will oc with rivatuner probally)

try the fsb you want, with out voltage bump, if it wont boot, or run stable thru 3dmark 06 try a vcore boost, and then retest once your 3dmark 06 stable do your prime 95 testing, or smp folding.

is it 400 with 8x multiplyer? I just tried that, and system wouldent boot more than a second, then the 4th time it would revert 400x8 to 266x8

k well run 9x and run the fsb a litle higher like 350, your mobo should be able tp push more fsb, and the p35 dont really have a fsb wall issue. if it still wont boot, boost your vcore voltage, im at 400mghz fsb, and 9x multiplier, with a1.36corevoltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom