Oc 7800 Gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeslangley

Baseband Member
Hello all,

I have a 7800 GXT 256 card and it runs a dream, it plays all my games very well.

However being the type of person I am, I have more than thought about over clocking the card to see what performance I can get out of it.

Now the first thing is the warranty, if you OC they say it voids your warranty, yet how do they know... if it breaks then how can they check the last clock speeds when they get it back?

If it is not totally broken how can they check what clock speeds it has acheived, surely this is down to the registry settings on my specific machine?

In addition I am a little concerned about the tempreture of the card, it sits idle at about 55c and after some serious gaming ive seen it hit 65c.... too hot or not to OC ?

Now if I do over clock do I go "coolbits" registry method or is there another means?

Has anybody else OC one of these cards and if so what sort of performance enhancements can I expect?

THanks

i have a evga 7800gtx, i can get it up to about 523/1383 stable, after that i get artifacting. i use coolbits, and it works fine.

with the whole warranty thing i cant help you with.

I wouldnt over clock and 7800gtx because it doesnt matter at mostly all you wouldnt need an oc for it in a long time. It basically the best out there and you have another couple of years for me I would rather go into consideration about ocing something that powerful.

If you have an e-VGA, BFG or XFX you have a lifetime warranty and they will replace it even if you burn it out, just don't tell them that you overclocked the crap out of it.

**** for some reason my eVGA doesn't have lifetime warranty.. only 2 years...

"EVGA is recognized through customer loyalty and the highest levels in customer satisfaction. We continously work to make sure that each sale results in a customer for life! This is part of the EVGA Difference - known for offering value and performance, as well as top notch customer service.

In keeping with our valued ideology, we are pleased to offer the new EVGA Lifetime Warranty.

For our retail Graphics Card and Mainboard products purchased on or after June 22, 2005, EVGA will provide a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of each retail product that the product will not suffer, in material or workmanship, from any defect that adversely affects the performance of the product. This lifetime warranty is valid for the life of the retail product, so long as the original purchaser owns the product, based upon the following conditions:

Lifetime Warranty is for all retail Graphics Card and Mainboard products ending in the part numbers AX, DX, or FX.
There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset, or components.
We will repair or replace the defective parts free of charge (no refunds). All you pay is the shipping charge to return the product to EVGA."

i guess mine doesn't end with those letters....

KCRMYZ said:
I wouldnt over clock and 7800gtx because it doesnt matter at mostly all you wouldnt need an oc for it in a long time. It basically the best out there and you have another couple of years for me I would rather go into consideration about ocing something that powerful.
not so true... i have 7800GTX512 OC @ 600/1800. but games like oblivion, it NEEDS SLI to play comfortably in anywhere w/ all the graphix maxed out. i dont think any single GPU out there will give you 50+fps in outside w/ all the grasses and graphix maxed out at the res more than 1280x1024.

They will never know if you overclock your video card unless there is physical damage to it. Like if you burnt it :p

they will never know, just monitor your temps at all times and dont burn the thing out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom