Nvidia's next-gen GPU, GT200 reported being taped out

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
The discrete graphics market has been extremely active lately and the situation is not about to change anytime soon as both Nvidia and AMD are preparing new chips for the 2008 summer-autumn period.

After releasing quite a few G92 cards, the latest being the GeForce 9800 GTX, Nvidia is finally getting ready to move to an evolved architecture with the GT200 GPU(s). Set to power the next high-end offer, the GT200 is apparently taped out some six weeks ago and it is moving towards a Q3/Q4 release with the 'best' estimate seeing it arrive this fall.

The GT200 is a 1 billion transistor chip that is supposed to have over 200 Stream Processors and a 512-bit memory bus.

TechConnect Magazine - Nvidia's next-gen GPU, GT200 reported being taped out

meh...just mean i wasted money on dual 9800GX2s.....

Heh, i am already in the process of putting my gx2's up for sale. Quad SLI just doesnt work like it should. A single gx2 is a great card, but quad is a disappointment.

single card solution over 2....FTW

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 3 seconds.

it will probably be pretty decent depending on if they come out with anything higher thne 512mb models. what they should really do is make it 512bit instead of 256.. that would make a nice difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom