Nvidia's New Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
I always get a kick out of the ATI & Nvidia fanboys and the AMD & Intel fanboys.....here is a video of the new Nvidia series card that will be coming sometime in 2010....on other forums when this video has been posted...the fanboys of both ATI & Nvidia came out in full force......just wondering if that will happen here....lol

YouTube - NVIDIA shows us GF100 Fermi video card at Digital Experience

I have always just bought the best bang for the buck card so to speak, and I have had good luck with both Nvidia and ATI.

I never buy the first generation card from a new series either....I always give the alittle time to make them better....which they always do.

I haven't used an nVidia product before simply because in the past I haven't been able to afford it (I've bought 4 GPU's so far). I am buying the 5870 for the simple reason of Eyefinity. I didn't buy a 5850 because it doesn't do as well in an Eyefinity setup, and 5970 isn't needed for me. I have always wanted to try nVidia, but ATi gets me with price for performance.

I have owned about 4 cards of each and have loved everyone of them!

No problems what so ever from either manufacturer.

I pretty much only use the pc for gaming and surfing the net......so the best bang for the buck for a gaming upgrade has always been a video card for me....It is my favorite pc part....no matter what kind it may be :grin:

Will that 5870 really power 3 monitors ok at good frame rates on the newer games, that take alot of power, with AA and high settings......I mean maybe it will......But I really would need to see that set up in motion with certain games and any single gpu driving it.

The set up sure looks nice....that is for sure.

I am really interested on where nvidia is going with fermi
3D vision was a flop in 2009 with only one 120Hz monitor on the market
I think there will be more 120Hz monitors on the market this year

I also really want to know what AMD has up their sleeves
I know for sure, they haven't sat around drinking coffee and eating doughnuts since they released HD 5,000 series

^ I bet they have a good answer card, or at least something worth putting out for competition against the GF100. They threw the 5970 out there fast enough before fermi launched, you would think they have something else.

I am really interested on where nvidia is going with fermi
3D vision was a flop in 2009 with only one 120Hz monitor on the market
I think there will be more 120Hz monitors on the market this year

I also really want to know what AMD has up their sleeves
I know for sure, they haven't sat around drinking coffee and eating doughnuts since they released HD 5,000 series

LOL....Thats a good one.

The way ATI does there cards... Brand new stuff ever year, has disadvantages. As the folders here know, an 80 dollar Nvidia card out performs a top of the line ATI. The main reason is that every change to the ATI card, the program has to be modified to run it.

Nvidia, "rebranding" and improving on the platform in use doesn't have this issue. So drivers and such are matured with new cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom