Nvidia Taking Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
alexsabree said:
man, how are we advancing in computer technology if the same principle is being used "bigger is better"

I honestly think that the G80 is good enough already IT CAN HANDLE CRYSIS!!

why would you need anything more expensive and better than that?
0_o

Goodness gracious, i mean my whole goal this year is to make my comptuer handle crysis.
so is mien and i wana get one of these 8800s fopr xmass and then when the r600 releases il get a second:)

003 said:
I smell the reek of fanboy that hasn't showered in at least several weeks.

The R600 WILL have 512-bit GDDR4 memory and it WILL have at least 1gb of VRAM. It's core clock speed will also be most likely 1ghz or more. These basic specs have been confirmed by many other sources than theinq. And AMD/ATI already has testing units.

The fact of the matter is, from the looks of it, the card will eat the G80 for breakfast. Although as already pointed out, we can't be sure about anything until there are actual benchmarks out.

LOL @ the comment of nvidia coming out with the "8900". The X900 (where X= 7 or 8) series cards that nvidia releases are just refreshes of the X800 cards. To bring the G80 up to spec of the current status of the R600, nvidia would pretty much have to release a 9800, which won't be happening for a while. I am not an ATI fanboy and I own all nvidia cards, but I just find it so annoying that 90% of the people here always dismiss ati and say "OMG TEH NVIDIA PWNZORZ T3H ATI11!!!!!!11!!!!11!!2"

Why not? Because you think nvidia is better than ATI?

I mean they could make a monster of a card worth $1000 and tear apart anything thrown at it, but they wouldnt get any sales. The same thing here, ATI could make their card twice as good and it would be that much more money.

We all know, that with every new generation card both ATI and Nvidia make their cards relativly the same price.

All im saying is that if its all that you say it is, than its gonna be pretty expensive compared to the G80's

alexsabree said:
Cool, i kinda figured that.

Is the phyisics add-on already out?

Nvidia doesn't have an independent Physics board out, so they would have to use a third videocard to calculate Physics. The extra SLI connector could also easily be used for Tri-SLI, provided the drivers.

003 said:
The R600 WILL have 512-bit GDDR4 memory and it WILL have at least 1gb of VRAM. It's core clock speed will also be most likely 1ghz or more. These basic specs have been confirmed by many other sources than theinq. And AMD/ATI already has testing units.

The fact of the matter is, from the looks of it, the card will eat the G80 for breakfast. Although as already pointed out, we can't be sure about anything until there are actual benchmarks out.

LOL @ the comment of nvidia coming out with the "8900". The X900 (where X= 7 or 8) series cards that nvidia releases are just refreshes of the X800 cards. To bring the G80 up to spec of the current status of the R600, nvidia would pretty much have to release a 9800, which won't be happening for a while. I am not an ATI fanboy and I own all nvidia cards, but I just find it so annoying that 90% of the people here always dismiss ati and say "OMG TEH NVIDIA PWNZORZ T3H ATI11!!!!!!11!!!!11!!2"

Post something to back that up and I'll maybe believe you.

i was wondering what happened to my post all i can say is that intel and nvidia are on top right now. AMD still has the FX-62 but core 2 duo is out, ATI has the x1950XTX but G80 is still destroying it right now so, who cares. I've also heard about that tri SLI sounds like triple crossfire? they shoulc've just stuck to quad SLI

jared17 said:
Kind of a rhetorical statement, but I think it would be a dream come true if they joined forces, could you imagine the possibilites?

It would in fact be opposite. There would be no advantage for the consumer if this were to happen. It would then instantly form a monopoly, would eliminate competition, keep prices high, and lower each companies' drive to make something really revolutionary. Competition is what has made america what it is, and if it had been only one company all along, i can almost guarentee that CPU parts wouldnt be as far along as they are and as cheap as they are at the same time. There wouldnt be anyone to win over so why invest more money from your company to make something better when you know that they will just end up having to buy from you anyways. So lets hope AMD/ATI can keep competing.

Inferno said:
It would in fact be opposite. There would be no advantage for the consumer if this were to happen. It would then instantly form a monopoly, would eliminate competition, keep prices high, and lower each companies' drive to make something really revolutionary. Competition is what has made america what it is, and if it had been only one company all along, i can almost guarentee that CPU parts wouldnt be as far along as they are and as cheap as they are at the same time. There wouldnt be anyone to win over so why invest more money from your company to make something better when you know that they will just end up having to buy from you anyways. So lets hope AMD/ATI can keep competing.

^ Smart man. QFT.

TriEclipse said:
Post something to back that up and I'll maybe believe you.
Find it yourself. It's all readily available on google and alltheweb.

Hah, right. No proof = no cred. Its your job to back up your own claims. You need to convince because I'll be the one saying that you have no cred.

Actually, I read somewhere that it was supposed to have 128 unified shader pipelines, however that was a while ago and I don't know how accurate that still is.
TriEclipse said:
Hah, right. No proof = no cred. Its your job to back up your own claims. You need to convince because I'll be the one saying that you have no cred.
Hey cool, I can do the same thing. Observe and learn:
You have no credit.

I'm not your nanny. If you want the proof, look it up yourself. Of course it is still not proof, because there is no official word from ATI, however all the sources seem to say the same basic stuff, so they must be getting the info from the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom