Nvidia Releases Official Details on 9600 GT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
even thenwaiting till march to save 60$ is pointless.

$60 bucks is a decent amount of money to some people, including someone in college like me. And it also comes down to whether or not the person would be satisfied with their system for a two more months. There's really no pressing reason to upgrade this instant anyway -- no really big games are coming out anytime soon.

Hmm, the 9600gt is gonna be pretty powerful, since it will use a pci-e connector. This means the 9800gt should be a beast, i cant wait!!!!

Edit: did you guys see the image? It says up to a 90% performance increase over the 8600gts.

$60 bucks is a decent amount of money to some people, including someone in college like me. And it also comes down to whether or not the person would be satisfied with their system for a two more months. There's really no pressing reason to upgrade this instant anyway -- no really big games are coming out anytime soon.

10-4! My 8800GTS runs everything flawlessly. It's the hype that gets people all jacked up. The only bad, for my card, is the core GPU temperature on that EVGA card which is 60-65 degrees C. Yikes!

Ya, right now i'm running dual GTS 512's and havent even had a reason to enable SLI. A single card maxes out every game i have at dx9 and 1920x1200 resolution.

Well, not crysis, but crysis doesnt even support SLI and i dont want to get into that can of worms.

A lot of people on this thread are missing one crucial point. Everyone is pointing out that the 8800GT is already 2x faster than the 8600 GT and saying that it's therefore no big deal. But the 8800 series is the top of the line right now! Just imagine how powerful the top of the line cards for the 9 series will be, if a midrange card is already as powerful as the current champs!

You say $60 is a lot to people, yet you spent $350 on a GTS card when you could've saved $60 and got a regular GT as a GT will run almost every game max.

You say $60 is a lot to people, yet you spent $350 on a GTS card when you could've saved $60 and got a regular GT as a GT will run almost every game max.

This might be true, but that extra 60 bucks on the GTS pays for better overclocking, a better cooling solution and a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom