Nvidia Readies New “Ultimate” Technology for Gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that its even worth it, they're probably just trying to get some more money out of people. Most of the games these days are not that insane in Physics that u need one card just dedicated to it.

Edit: By the way, i just noticed that DFI already released a crossfire + Physics motherboard
Newegg.com - DFI LP UT P35 T2R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

My Striker Extreme blows that thing out of the water, easily. That one only has 1 PCIe x16 slot. The other one is electrically only an x4, while the third is only electrically an x1. Pointless to spend 10$ less for a board that performs not nearly up to par as the Striker Extreme, which has 2 full x16 slots, and the third is an x16 as well, but electrically an x8

Re: Nvidia Readies New “Ultimate” Technology for Gamers.

What does SLI really give anyway? A 40% increase?

What does SLI really give anyway? A 40% increase?

around that on average

My Striker Extreme blows that thing out of the water, easily. That one only has 1 PCIe x16 slot. The other one is electrically only an x4, while the third is only electrically an x1. Pointless to spend 10$ less for a board that performs not nearly up to par as the Striker Extreme, which has 2 full x16 slots, and the third is an x16 as well, but electrically an x8

striker=waste of cash >.<

How abot before Nvidia worries about 3-4 video cards, they have SLI actually deliver 90%-100% performance increase over a single card.

generally you will get 100% increase with a GTX/Ultra at resolutions like 2560x1600

at something like 1680x1050 its about a 40% increase with a higher end card.

around that on average

striker=waste of cash >.<

That's really opinion based, if you ask me. I notice the performance gain, and the increased flexability in overclocking. It's definetly worth the extra cash for me.. And when I have some spare cash and I get the Q6600 and anotehr 8800GTX, I will gain more than a measly 40%. And even if I don't, I don't mind the extra cost. The machine is a project, and a passion. Not all about performance, but bragging rights too ;)

striker = well worth the money to a hardcore gamer. i wish i'd have got one now simply because they OC better than a regular 680i

My E6600 dual core running at just under 4 GHz and having everything but the voltage and FSB on Auto.. made it very easy.. It's simply the best baord I have ever worked with, and with every new BIOS release that says "Increased overclocking abilities" I can go even higher without touching the voltage.

I love my Striker, and have no regrets...

That's really opinion based, if you ask me. I notice the performance gain, and the increased flexability in overclocking. It's definetly worth the extra cash for me.. And when I have some spare cash and I get the Q6600 and anotehr 8800GTX, I will gain more than a measly 40%. And even if I do, I don't mind the extra cost. The machine is a project, and a passion. Not all about performance, but bragging rights too ;)

The striker really IMO still is a waste of cash. It was a better buy back then for its advanced BIOS options but the Asus P5K will wipe the floor with it now...Crossfire two HD 2900PRO's and your getting better performance than the 680i SLI 8800GTX's really.

However it was your money though so if you think it was worth it. I know many people who can get or have gotten the same overclocks with a simple Asus P5N-E. Not to mention that it gets pretty much the same 3Dmark06 score with SLI'D 8800GTX's compared to the striker for 160 bucks less I believe actually the difference is around 100 points....while the Striker may have the extra PCI-E slot physics cards a waste of money since the 8800's have a built in physics and who wants Tri-SLI anyway?

I mean I know you get the bragging rights but if you compare how much it costs to the performance increase and whatnot it's just not worth it.

It's not a good Price : Performance part and trust me....i know bang for your buck

You can tell me because of it's extreme overclocking options compared to the EVGA 680i or 650i that it's worth it but I would take the P5N-E and the 160 bucks I saved an upgrade other parts for better overall system performance even if you got maybe a 10-15% less overclock. An upgraded video card or etc is better for the money.

alot of people are having problems with the P5N-E being a crappy OC'er.

of course the 680i is getting better with every new BIOS release. the new P30's have improved the quad core OC'ing tremendously. i went from 3.0Ghz with high voltages with the p27 bios to 3.6GHz with the same voltages in the new p30 bios.

but yes a P5k Deluxe and 2 2900XT's would be a killer combo.

mgcook said:
alot of people are having problems with the P5N-E being a crappy OC'er.

Although a lot of people are having problems with it, the P5N-E SLI, is definitely, NOT a crappy overclocker. I've gotten my E6400 to 3.4GHz stable on it. It's just a matter of how well you know the motherboard. As it's a tricky board to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom