Originally Posted by veedubfreak
Spill it then...
Basically just gave me a piece of his mind about all of it.
* Crytek was the first to receive the PCBs of the 8 series, way back in early 06. He had the actual ship date but I can't recall it.
* They had a success rate of 30% in the first few months, so they delayed the public release.
* DX10 was highly over-hyped in that the unified shader-pixel wasn't as efficient as it was intended to be.
* Tri-SLI had never really reached the level of "it's actually working properly" among nvidia, so he is skeptical.
* The 9 series is essentially a massive overhaul of the 8 series, in that it has the similar features, but they had been working on stretching the architecture. Basically, the first wave of every series is for sample users, or something of that affect. He did admit that nvidia was understandably driving everyone crazy with the naming antics.
He pretty much confirmed a lot of what I had suspected, but it was cool to hear it from an actual nvidia person. He showed me some of the rendering he had done, including a squiggly line that took nearly 2 minutes to render lol.